Thursday, October 31, 2013
"NBC/WSJ Poll: Obama Approval Rating at All-Time Low"
"FAA loosens rules for e-devices on airline flights"
Wednesday, October 30, 2013
Tuesday, October 29, 2013
"Report: W.H. knew plans would be canceled under ACA"
Monday, October 28, 2013
"Sochi 2014: Putin declares gay athletes welcome"
"United Airlines fined $1.1M for tarmac delays"
Saturday, October 26, 2013
Friday, October 25, 2013
- Ensure that all cards are signed.
- Use generic salutations such as “Dear Service Member.” Cards addressed to specific individuals can not be delivered through this program.
- Only cards are being accepted. Do not send or include letters.
- Do not include email or home addresses on the cards: the program is not meant to foster pen pal relationships.
- Do not include inserts of any kind, including photos: these items will be removed during the reviewing process.
- Please refrain from choosing cards with glitter or using loose glitter as it can aggravate health issues of ill and injured warriors.
- If you are mailing a large quantity of cards, please bundle them and place them in large mailing envelopes or flat rate postal shipping boxes. Each card does not need its own envelope, as envelopes will be removed from all cards before distribution.
Holiday Mail for Heroes
P.O. Box 5456
Capitol Heights, MD 20791-5456
The deadline for having cards to the P.O. Box is December 6th.
Holiday cards received after this date cannot be guaranteed delivery.
"Grenada: 30 years after US invasion, wounds, mystery remain"
Thursday, October 24, 2013
"The Democrats' Freak-Out About Obamacare Has Begun"
"Cuba to scrap two-currency system in latest reform"
National dishes and foods by country
^ Those in bold are ones I have eaten. ^
"Hungary uprising anniversary marked by rival rallies"
Tuesday, October 22, 2013
"Survey finds distrust in government to handle emergency"
"Australian Capital Territory legalises same-sex marriage"
Monday, October 21, 2013
^ In this list (unlike the elementary school list) the United States has the most high school/secondary school violence. I only added the incidents from this year because the list was too long. What this list also shows is South Africa closely behind. ^